Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Jafra Lash Maximizing Mascara

Hey ladies! I'm sorry that I haven't been posting in a while, but I've been so caught up in life, school, fights with the bf (we're okay now if you cared). I'm still not going to be posting ALOT but this is just to tide you over :). 

So recently I was sent some cosmetics by Jafra Cosmetics. I will be doing a series of reviews, slowly lol. Today is the mascara they sent me!
What they say: Sweeps lashes to their fullest potential. Volumizes, lengthens, curls with patented cotton extract. Vitamins B5 and E hydrate, condition. Smudge, clump, flake-resistant.

Product Packaging including the brush: The brush is huge and it's just too large. It's even larger than L'Oreal Voluminous mascara. It's ridiculous. I don't understand why companies think that bigger is always better. The brush would be better if it would be smaller and the bristles weren't so thick and plastic-like. 
Effectiveness:  Let's let the pictures speak for themselves. First is natural lashes, then curled, then one coat. I don't even want to do 2 coats. It's too easy to get mascara on your lids and the bristles don't really grab your lashes too well. 






 It does lengthen and volumize some, but it deflates the curl. It's a pretty natural mascara for me. I like it enough. 

Formulation: It's a really wet mascara and it takes a while for it to dry. It comes off super easily with a bit of makeup remover. Doesn't flake really but it does smudge with oily lids.
Price: Expensive at 14 dollars for 0.35 oz. 

Recommended: Meh, it's okay. It is expensive at 14 dollars. The results aren't bad, but they aren't really worth the 14 dollars. Just take the 4 dollars, and get some mascara at Target on sale. Put the extra 10 in the bank for later

No comments: