Sunday, May 15, 2011

Double Trouble Review: Jafra Cosmetics Oil Controlling Makeup SPF 15 & Pressed Power in Medium

Wheeee! So finally blogger got it's stuff together and is now letting us post! I'm also FINALLY home so you know, I'm going to be sewing a lot so you'll be seeing a lot of sewing projects. So I've been meaning to post about this face stuff from Jafra. So let's start with the oil controlling makeup.

DISCLAIMER: I GOT THE PRODUCTS FOR FREE BUT THESE REVIEWS ARE STILL HONEST. 

What They Say: Provides flawless, shine-free coverage. Contains witch hazel, cucumber extract, aloe leaf extract. Helps provide smooth, even application.

Ingredients: Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativas (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
A custom blend of special botanicals that collectively address the needs of oily skin with Tea Tree and soothing benefits of Cucumber and Aloe.
Zinc Oxide/CI 77947
Help absorb excess oil and provide a shine-free, long lasting matte finish.
Ipomoea Digitata (Fingerleaf Morning Glory) Extract, Withania Somniferia
(Winter Cherry) Extract, Vigna Radiata (Mung Bean) Extract
A blend of Ayurvedic plant extracts to help moisturize and soften skin. Provides antioxidant benefits.
Silica
Spherical silica microbeads glide easily upon application and provide a smooth appearance. Octinoxate
A pure form of UVB sunscreen.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer
Silicone grafted copolymer film former to help create a flexible protective film for uniform finish upon application and long wear.
Lecithin
Soybean derived skin conditioner.
Panthenol
Provitamin B5. Provides skin conditioning and helps moisturization.
Tocopheryl Acetate
Vitamin E derivative which acts as an antioxidant and moisturizer.
Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891 and Iron Oxides
Micronized pigments for even application and blendable color.

Shade: Bisque which matches NC35 very very very well. Swatches below: 

 Texture/Smell: It's really smooth but it tends to get a little flaky on my skin. It's because I have dry skin, not oily skin. It's really light and creamy and feels more like a tinted moisturizer. It smells kinda chemical-ey but it's not very strong which is fantastic

Effectiveness:  I use this only as a under-eye concealer because I'm not a kind of girl who likes a lot of stuff on my face. This is SO much better than MAC studio finish for my under eye circles because it's very creamy. Again, it's "oil controlling" so it's drying on my very dry skin. I extrapolate that it will hold your oil back like crazy. I also have a great moisturizer so.. yeah. Cool. I find that the coverage is more like medium-full. It covers very well for me. I mean it looks natural. 

Price: 17.00 for 1 fl oz. Quite expensive. Since i ONLY use this for a undereye concealer, it's not going away anytime soon. If you want to use this for reals, Could get pretty expensive quickly.  

Recommended: Absolutely. I mean the price is expensive, but it's worth considering as a nice under eye concealer or a quick foundation kinda thing. You can buy this stuff on Jafra cosmetics. com but it's like avon, where you need to get a consultant. 

So onto the next product. I changed the color so that it's easier on your eyeballs. I mean this is 2 reviews rolled into one. This is the Pressed Powder: 

What They Say: 
Micro-fine pressed powder diffuses light, minimizes the look of fine lines, wrinkles. Provides smooth silky application, a natural finish. Vitamins C and E fight free radicals.  

Shade: Medium, which is NC35 for me. 

Texture/Smell: NO SMELL YAYY. I hate it when powders smell like... idk, retirement homes or something. Not that they always smell bad... But sometimes they just smell gross and yucky. This has no smell. However, it's very very loose and powdery. When you tap your kabuki or whatever into the powder, like you get powder on your brush, but there's like a little pile of powder in the pan. It's pretty wasteful and there is no way to avoid it. 

Effectiveness: It's pretty thick for a powder. I feel like it has medium coverage and when I layer it over concealer, it feels really... doll-like. My skin looks fantastic, but I don't feel natural. I mean, that's great for some people, but I like it to be more natural, more flawed. So, I use this on my forehead without anything else and it covers pretty well. It also keeps my face nice and not greasy. I sweat a lot and I find that this doesn't run when I sweat! yayyy! 

Price: Damn, 16 dollars for .3 oz. Expensive. 

Recommended: Yes, it's pretty expensive, but if you have the money, go for it. 
Okay ladies, so I'm happy that I finally reviewed these products. Also, I have a BN Jafra nail polish if you ladies want it, so just shoot me an email and I'll get it sent to you!

 

No comments: