Thursday, December 27, 2012

DIY: Furry Earmuffs

I friggin LOVE earmuffs! I also have leftover fur from my fur vest project

Cost: 3$ (Bought the headband on sale from payless)
Time to Make: 1 hr (not including glue drying time). 

1. Cut out circles of fur and lining. I used a foam cup as a guide. 
2. Glue the fur to the outside of the headband. Then glue the lining to the fur, like a little sandwich. 




3. You want to wait for the glue to dry completely. I used Aileene's Jewel It Glue so it took like 3 hours to dry completely. If you use hot glue, then it'll dry in like 1 second. 

4. With another round of fur and lining, whip stitch half of it together. Then, stuff it with a big of fluff, then sew it shut. 



5. Sew it onto the headband. This should be on the inside of the earmuff. It's like a little pillow that protects your ears from the headband. 

Finished project: I promise to do an outfit with it!


No comments: