Monday, May 28, 2012

DIY: Old Jeans into a miniskirt without the "DIY" look

If there is one thing I really don't like, it's the whole "DIY" look. I don't like having people look at my clothing and saying "she for sure definitely made that herself. Of course professionals would know if something is home-sewn but I don't want regular people on the street to know. Why? Because "home-sewn" stuff don't match my wardrobe. Some people like that look but it's not for me. 


Step 0: Cut off the legs. You don't want to cut too short. Cut off at around the knee. 
Step 1: Take out the crotch seams. You want to take out the leg seams (inner thigh part) and up to the zipper and up to the waistband in the back. 
Step 2: Then fold the top flap under and sew it down. You want the seam to be straight. 
Step 3: You can make some decorative top stitching if you want. Hem the bottom and trim the seams on the inside. 


Remember that i have a giveaway going on! Click on the link in the sidebar!

1 comment:

Naptime Review said...

New follower from 3 and under hop! Love for you to follow back






http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com