Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick

FINALLY i have internet. What happened was that outside, the internet box on the wooden post thingie broke. We had a storm and a tree branch fell. Well, with new internet, comes a new blog layout. Yes, the picture of the little girl is me. I didn't just type in "asian baby" in google images and stole a picture. But anyway, here is a new review for you to feast upon. 

BTW, thank you Red for telling me how to take a picture of my lips without getting the fish-eye effect! 

What they say:

Product Details

Why You'll Love It

Fall in love with color, all over again:
 • Crisper color from pure pigments
 • Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
 • Lipcolor so rich, so stunning…it’s sensational
 • 48 captivating shades 


What I say:

Woop Woop, lets get to the nitty gritty. 

Swatch: A pinky nude. Basically, MLBB (my lips but better). Was I hoping for this? No. I was hoping for a more concealer color. I think that I'm going to have to go to MAC for this. 



 Just in case you didn't know, I put it on my bottom lip. It's quite nice. I wanted a beige color. Suggestions? I'm going to have to hit up a MAC store or Sephora sometime soon. 

Texture/Smell: For the record, I freaking hate glittery lipsticks. This is not the same for glitter in eyeshadow. I like my lips for be satin or matte finish. I don't like the real "glossy/glitter/I work at a Las Vegas showgirl" look. I think that my lips are kinda huge for an asian person and I don't like to emphasize it. That being said, I think that this is a little glossy for me. It is "moisturizing" as stated in the claims. Err, I don't know if there's "honey nectar" but I'll go with it. If you pat off the oily/glossyness of it with a tissue, it's quite nice. 

It goes on smoothly and doesn't emphasize my lip lines. Excellent. 


The smell= vanilla+ chemicals= nasty. I hate it when my makeup smells like something. I would prefer a very neutral smell. Like air. 


Wearability: It comes off easily with food. When it wears off, it kinda clings to flakes on your lips, so you can peel it off. It's gross actually. 


Price: Dumb CVS made it 10.49. Absolutely not worth that. I bought it with a 5$ ECB and a 2$ off coupon. 


Recommended: Yes. It is expensive, but with the right coupons, it can be whittled down to size. It's an excellent drugstore lipstick and I like it.
 

14 comments:

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i don't like glitter lipsticks too..but i hate frosted lipsticks even more...hehe.

this is great shade! will go look for it next time i visit the mall..<3

♥ GIVEAWAY at vanilla ice cream ♥
shopyapi.com

Y said...

! I totally agree. I HATE frosted lipsticks ><

What's in a name.. said...

Following you via Alexa Hop. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

Oooh, I like this color.

DeyiMizu said...

The color look nice on you!!

Y said...

@Whats in a name- Will do!

@Daisy/ DeyiMizu- Thanks!

Paislea Elyse said...

awe - i can never find a lip stick that looks good on me... so i just wear a gloss at all times!!!

allister bee blog

MommyDigger.com said...

That color looks lovely on you!

I'm your newest follower from the Alexa Hop! Would love for you to stop by my blog www.mommydigger.com and follow me :)

Y said...

@ Paislea- Aww keep looking! I'm a lipstick girl, not a lipgloss one

@MommyDigger- Followed! Thanks for following :)

Melissa said...

Hi, stopping by from the Alexa hop. Have a good day!

http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/06/monkey-girl-and-karate-master.html

Melissa said...

I'm a new follower, too!

Y said...

Thanks for following! I will follow back

April said...

Hi! Thank you for following my blog! I am returning the favor. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. Have a Sweet Week!

A Mommy’s Sweet Blog Design
Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

Monica said...

I’m visiting from the Alexa hop and I’m now your newest GFC follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/