Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sweet potato cake with marshmallow topping

So I've haven't really been posting or when I do, I don't post about beauty. Why? Because I'm a lazy ass hoe. Seriously, minus the hoe part, I am. I haven't really been in the mood to post about beauty stuff so yeah. Yesterday, my dear bf came over and we made a sweet potato cake and roasted giant marshmallows to go on top. Usually people use the orange sweet potatoes, or American yams. I used Korean sweet potatoes. They're white inside. I used the recipe here from Better Homes and Gardens
except instead of canned sweets, I used 1 sweet potato, chopped, boiled until tender, pureed in blender. Also, I cut the recipe in half. You need 2 cups of sweet potato to match 17.9 oz of canned stuff. Finally, I thought my dearest would buy the REGULAR sized marshmallows. I got giants. I roasted them for 5 minutes until they became brown and started flattening out themselves. 
The creepy hand in the corner is my mommy.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow, that looks amazing. I may have to make this soon.