Monday, January 17, 2011

Contest Entry for Lauren Loves...: Smoke on the Horizon

Hey ladies! So I've been quite busy at school, but today is MLK day so I only had one class =). Current song: Juicy- Biggie Smalls
Current Addiction- Diablo II video game <-- best shit ever. 

Besides that, I decided to enter a contest here.

It says for some reason that it ends on the first of january but she has another post saying that it ends at the end of the month, and it is very recent! So everyone! Go join! You just have to email her your best smokey eye look. 

-------------------Contest entry start-----------------------------------------------------------

What is a smokey eye? Really, what is it. It's always being flung around without abandon. All it means is that you make your eyes dark, as if you stuck your head in a campfire. I mean maybe the first smokey eye created by the neanderthals was some lady rubbing charcoal or burnt wood around her eyes. Traditionally, the smokey eye is created by using shadows in the grey-black range. However, I have decided to take the loosest meaning of a "smokey eye" and take inspiration from a sunset. Lets start!

1. First, I primed my eye with Too Faced Shadow Insurance (commonly abbrev. as TFSI), NYX jumbo pencil (melted down into a pot) in Yogurt

2. Using a small eyeshadow brush, I applied a yellow shimmer color (I used Yellow Shimmer by Mineral Basics) to the inner corner and inner 1/3 of the eyelid. 

 3. Now, apply a bronze color (I used bronze shimmer by Mineral Basics) to the middle 1/3 of the eyelid

 4. Now using E.L.F angled eyeshadow brush, I applied a tomato color (Bleeding Heart- Back to the Earth cosmetics) to the outer 1/3 and the "crease". Wing out the eyeshadow and for my "crease" its basically above the other 2 eyeshadows as shown. 

 5. Now, using a purple eyeliner (Purple from the Green Eyes Trio by Physicians Formula), create a winged eyeliner on the top lash line and a line the lower lash line. 

 6. Now taking an eyeliner brush (Coastal Scents taklon angled eyeliner brush), load it up with a matte/dark purple shadow (Revlon Matte Shadow in Aubergine) and carefully trace on the eyeliner and smudge it out. Use light, short strokes to blend it upwards and into the eyeshadow. On the wing part, bring it in a little bit. Don't have it touch the bronze. You want it to fade into the red. 

 7. Now using a smudge brush (Small smudge brush by Coastal Scents), take a black eyeshadow (True Black- Back to the Earth Cosmetics), and smudge it until the lash line and over the purple eyeliner. I was going to use a purple (hence the purple eyeliner) but I changed my mind. I took it pretty far down, but you don't have to =)

 8. Add mascara (Rimmel Lash Accelerator), and half false lashes. I normally would stick to half ones without sparkle stuff, but this is all I have. 

 9. Finished Look:



 Fantastic! What do you guys think? I will be updating the prizes on my giveaway (located in the sidebar) and adding more FABULOUS prizes. You will be quite surprised ;) 

This week: Review on Spa Resources and a haul thingie and UHMMM AMAZING PRIZES ADDED. okay super cool. Back to my Diff Eq hw. 

4 comments:

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

oh wow you do your make-up really well! i'm soo impressed...:D

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Eve said...

Aww thanks!

its peachy said...

That looks so pretty

x

Eve said...

=) Thanks!