Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review: Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara *pic heavy*

Hey ladies!! Happy new year to all! I hope that everyone was merry on that day. I know I was! I went to a small family thing with my friend's family LOL. Yes, I watched the ball drop. How has everyone been? 

So I've been meaning to post a review on this mascara but I was neglecting it because I THOUGHT that I didn't bring my cord to transfer pictures from my camera to my computer. I found it in my suitcase though! YAY! So lets get started!
What They Claim (as taken from the website):

Lash Accelerator Mascara is our first mascara that actually helps to promote the natural growth of beautifully long, remarkably strong lashes. Instantly, your lashes look up to 80% longer, but then after 30 days of continued use, they’ll appear up to 117% longer! Our exclusive GROW-LASH complex, features Procapil® which works to strengthen lashes' roots and also contains natural lash enhancing ingredients such as, biotin, keratin, and bamboo extract which help to reinforce, restore and moisturize your lashes. Stop the press, we’re in lash heaven!

95% of consumers saw a lengthening effect on their bare lashes in 2 weeks!*

And with its unique length enhancing brush, you can achieve a stronger, longer flutter. R.I.P false eyelashes, we’ve got all we need with Lash Accelerator Mascara.

Brush and Tube pictures and comments: I'm not going to lie, I don't really like the plastic wand thing. It's poky and it hurts when you poke your lid. But okay.


Product Usage: I don't get it. It's supposed to grow your lashes (pictures below). I would imagine a lash growing thing to be like a liquid liner. I mean you really have to wriggle the stuff in your lash line to get some effect right? I mean it doesn't help if the serum is just on the hair. Hair is just protein. It's the root that needs simulation for you to actually grow lashes. Let's look at the before and after pictures of my eyelashes "growing".

Before

After

After

Before  
Uhmm... Kinda I guess. I used it everyday. Personally, I don't see much of a difference. I guess it's a little longer. I'm not really that impressed. 

Wear and Tear as a mascara: It gives incredible length and great definition. This a no volume mascara and it's okay at holding curls. However, it has no concept of wear whatsoever. It's smudgy, flaky and really wet. I don't like that. Lets see some pictures

Two Coats

One Coat
Price Point: Has anyone noticed how CVS really jacks up prices? Like Revlon moon drops lipsticks are like 9 dollars (5 at target) and like the matte lipsticks are 11.50 when they were 8.50 when they first debuted. I had to get this at CVS and I only did so because I had a 2 dollar off manufacturers coupon and a 2 ECB. It brought the price point to 4 dollars. Overall, it's an okay price if you know where to go. 

Recommended: no. I like the length, but you have to use a primer underneath or else it's going to smudge everywhere. It also doesn't provide that much growing power. I don't like it. I'll use it up, but not willingly. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review, it's the first one I've seen! It really does make your lashes look great but if it all flakes off then i guess it doesn't matter. And while the growing serum thing didn't work that well it did seem to do something and I like the idea that the serum is in the mascara which you would wear anyway. I actually might give it a go despite you not recommending it :P

Eve said...

LOL okay! I mean it worked for most people. I might just have been the minority

Unknown said...

Aw, maybe you can coat another mascara on top? Sometimes i do that if I am not satisfied w/a mascara. It looks good on you still, :)