Sunday, October 11, 2009

Biore: Dual Moisturizer Review

So today, I went out to CVS and bought a new moisturizer. Since, I had a coupon for 1.50 off anything (CVS Extrabucks) and a 2 dollar off any Biore Skin Preservation Dual Fusion Moisturizer + SPF 30. Phew, that's one long name. So, as I was waiting in line, a CVS person came up to me and was like "free sample"? I was like HELL YES. I love free samples. And this sample is actually kinda large for a "free sample". It's not like this one time use thing, but this 5 time or so usage thing! It was the Caress Evenly Gorgeous body soap. It's kinda caramel-y in color and has a lot of scrubby beads. I've used this before, and let me tell you, I couldn't use this on my lower back for some reason. It just hurt too much... but on the rest of my body, it was okay. Perhaps I just have really dry skin there? It's okay now... LOL.


Anyway, back to my ridiculously long and convoluted story. Notice how I made a separate paragraph so you won't feel like you're reading wayyyy too much? Nice. Anyway, I was on line and I gave the cashier dude the mosturizer/ whatever else I was buying. It turns out that the box of my moisturizer had a 1 dollar off coupon. Yay! More money off! I gave him my 2 dollars and 1.50 off, but it turns out that I couldn't use the 2 dollars off becuase you can only use 1 manufacture coupon per item. Awwww darnnnn. You know, it only seems like very little, 2 dollars off, but at CVS this thing that's 1.7 fl oz (or as big as my hand) costs 15 dollars. Ugh. It's 14 dollars at Target, 18.99 on Amazon (but currently on sale for 12.37), and 14 again at drugstore.com. Is it pricey? Well, kind of. I'll have to see how long it lasts... Perhaps an update 1 month from now? I'll try to remember. ONWARDS to the review.

Claim:Double benefit, exclusive formula.
Dual Fusion™ Moisturizer gives you exactly what you want: a nourishing moisturizer in one chamber and sun protection in the other. Together, they strengthen & defend your skin without ever making it feel greasy.


What I say:Hm, I'm not sure becuase well, I've only used it for one day. But it feel so nice. Like not greasy, absorbs easily and smells amazing. It's so calming. Before, I used the Neutrogena 15 SPF one, which was supurb, but sometimes I felt like it sat on my face instead of soaking in right away. This thing is like BAM it's gone. Whoa. I like the dual chamber thing (green for moisturzier etcetcetc), but it doesn't work too well. I read about stories where one chamber would pump and the other wouldn't. Since this is so expensive, i decided to take matters into my own hands and make that not happen. First, I popped the lid part off. You kinda just yank it off. Then there are two pole like things where the liquid comes out. You just pump each side until the product is up to the top! Note: It takes FOREVER. LIke 20 pumps for me. Ugh. But now, you'll always get an equal amount!


You only need a very little bit.



Will I buy it again? Sure, if it's on sale. My skin feels great, not oily. I'll check back in a month if I see any acne popping up...
Toodles<3

4 comments:

Jem said...

ohhh!
i have not heard of this yet..

lol at the pump taking forever to disperse the product...
wehehehe

it's nice when the moisturizer doesn't leave a greasy after-feel,right?

Eve said...

YES! I hate it when after I use a moisturizer, it feels like I just ran a marathon.

~Lisa said...

I want to try that Biore moisturizer!! That two chambers thing is quite neat but a pain in the you know where if it takes so long to pump out =P

Eve said...

I KNOW! I don't think that I'd get it again. Maybe only if it were on sale. I definately reccommend waiting for it to go on sale at somewhere like Walmart because it should be the cheapest there.