Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rimmel Airy Fairy

Before we get started, I would like to say the URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION now has a BENT wand.
I think that i would like to try this out for myself =]. I currently am using Lumene eyebase (discontinued in the USA). I'm not too happy with it, but whatever.
Rimmel Airy fairyyy.... I'm sold on the color. Everyone seems to like birthday suit, but I don't like the colors. I saw swatches, and they looked too orange for me. This is a nice mauvy pink color. It goes on super sheer. What it claims:
Locks colour to lips for up to 8 hours wear. 50% more colour. Soft, smooth, comfortable formula.

What I say: I'm really skeptical when anything claims stuff like 16 hr wear! Last though breakfast, lunch, dinner whatever! Especially lipsticks and drugstore stuff. Aka Covergirl's long lasting lip color thing. No. just no. i mean the outlast lipstains lasted for 1 hr, the eyeliners sucked. So yeah.... I mean 8 hrs is okay for a drugstore claim. Its not outrageous (think maybelline 9x volume?! I don't believe it). It lasts for 4 hours, with 2 meals in between. That's not that bad actually. But, its not transfer proof at all. It comes off on my lipgloss.

50% more color? I wouldn't know. I dont own the old ones. It is soft, smooth and comfortable... except for the smell. THE SMELL IS DISGUSTING. Like good thing that its not long lasting at all. It's a mix between playdoh, vanilla frosting and some fake fruit stuff that you find on old people. Isn't that gross? You need a lipgloss to cover that up. wow. But it goes away after a while, it has redeemed itself. not really. ==
Swatch/ color:
In all, I'm mildly impressed by the quality. You expect these drugstore stuff to be horrible. It's only 5.50 (as compared to something like 14.50 at MAC or Clinique). I'm not EAGER to try all the other colors, but if I see something I like, i'll try it.
Toodles <3

No comments: