Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Debunking Myths: Chapstick as a Primer

Hello. Before I forget, the empty pans I was talking about, you can get them at http://www.starsmakeuphaven.com/. They sell them in packs of 100, 25, 10, 6. They also have blush pans, empty palettes that fit MAC shadows, and ELF quads. It's pretty good. I heard this from Enkore on Youtube.
The strangest thing that I've ever heard of is using Chapstick as an eye primer. Yes, people actually do that. I've seen a couple threads about that on Specktra and also on Yahoo about that. I was curious, so I decided to try it out.
Eyeliners: This is HIP cream eyeliner in 905 Black. Ignore the purple streak below.Now, the thin line is the without chapstick. The thicker line is with chapstick.



This is what happens when you smudge it. Isn't that so gross? Already half the color came off.



This is eyeshadow. It does make eyeshadows more vibrant, but so does a good eyeshadow base. The middle is the chapstick and the right end is Lumene base and the left is nothing.

After school, I checked again on the status of my eyeshadow. It has now disintigrated into a nasty blob. Gross. I'd rather use Lumene.
I've also heard it to be a good lip primer. I again beg to differ. I don't like to put it underneath because I feel like it really dilutes the color. The left is the no chapstick, right is with chapstick and above is chapstick over the lipstick.




Overall, use chapstick what it was made to do in the first place. Meaning, no eye primer stuff or whatever. It just conditions your lips. Just get a lip primer from MAC or eye primer from UD. There is a huge amount of choices to choose from.


Toodles <3


No comments: