Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HIP Pure Pigment Sticks

I found out today that my CVS was having the HUGE sale on cosmetics, many things are 50 or 75% off. So, obviously, I took a chance and got the pure pigment sticks by HIP. Usually, these things are 10 dollars, but I got mine for 2.50. I wanted a possible dupe to MACs Electra.
10 dollars for .07 oz or 2.0 grams isnt that much, and it's quite expensive for a drugstore product. Covergirl single eyeshadows are 3.49 for .09oz or 2.5 grams. And these things have MORE PIGMENTATION than the HIP duo. Kinda ironic isn't it. MAC eyeshadows are 14.50 for .05 oz or 1.5 g. That's not that large, but those are super pigmented so one eyeshadow can last for a really long time. So, the money would be worth it.


The packaging gets a stupid 0. A big fat zero. What were they thinking when they put the pigment in a stick? You can't use it directly on your eye because it's not very precise. Also, it's not soft enough to use a brush on it. Now that I think of it, why the hell would it be soft. If it were soft, then it wouldn't stay in a stick form. Lastly, it looks tiny.

This is smaller than my chapstick. To the average consumer, a covergirl eyeshadow looks better and better. I mean, the pan is larger, it just looks larger in general.


Let me start off by saying I LOVE HIP EYESHADOWS. I have gilded, spirited and gunmetal, and I love them all. They are pigmented and I know that they will last for a long time. These, suck. Oh, I have this in Dazzling, number 928. I pressed it into a small shadow tin, and even used mixing medium. It's horrible with mixing medium and worse without. I mean, I already made a small dent in it, and it's the first time that I've used it. The Physicians Formula has better pigmentation. The index finger has the Shadow stick. The pinky, ring and middle have physicians formula. The stick looks super pigmented... because I DUG MY FINGER INTO THE THING. The physicians Formula, I just ran it through a few times. Honestly, I'd just get Electra or some other brand eyeshadow. Anything would be better than this.
No lasting power. Period. Enough said.
Toodles<3>






No comments: