Monday, May 18, 2009

Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara review



So as I was browsing aimlessly through CVS, looking for Build-A-Lash mascara by Milani (I've been wanting to try this out) I saw the Glam Eyes Mascara with a 1$ off coupon and a free Soft Kohl eyeliner in Jet Black. That's a pretty damn good deal. It totaled to be 6.00 without tax. Price wise, I'm happy.

What it claims: Seductive Volume. Turn heads. New VolumFlex Brush styles lashes for sensational volume and instant separation. Ultra supple elasto-bristles groom each lash, lacquering them from root to tip for a spectacular 7 x more lash intensity. Big Lash Seduction. High Definition. Maximum lash impact. Impeccable definition. Smoothing formula glides through lashes, wrapping each one for ultimate volume yet perfect separation. Lashes look dramatically amplified yet sleekly defined - even up close and personal

On the packaging, it says 10x volume and 80% length
What I say: Haha. No 10x volume. I'd hardly call this a "volumizing" mascara at all. It does give length. I'm pretty impressed with the length. I'd put it about 60% though with 2 coats. If you top the whole thing off with L'Oreals voluminous, it looks super great. I like this a lot.
The brush:
Hmmm.... you can't see this, but there are short and long bristles on here. They alternate. I was pretty suspicious about the brush at first because
1. It's plastic. I generally don't like plastic brushes. I think that they're... weird. I mean, i didn't like how Maybellines Define a Lash's brush never had any mascara on it. But this is okay. Just a warning, this is SHARP. Don't poke your eye too much. I wasn't aware of that and I kept poking myself. Also, be careful when taking the brush out of the tube. One of the bristles is kinda bent alread. T.T
2. It's really bendy. I mean the part that connects the brush to the handle. It's kinda loose and bendy.
Besides that, its okay. No clumpage so that's a plus.
The packaging gets an A++. I really like this packaging with the pink band and the crown. It's cute. I also saw the newest one called "Glam eyes Flirt". The tube is black and gold instead of the Black and pink. I think that I like this enough to go and try the next one.
What do you guys think? I like this well enough, but not enough to call it HG. I think that I'd have to try out all other kinds before making my desicion.
Toodles <3

No comments: