Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My hair is attacking my face

Usually, I would never post something in orange because orange is possibly my least favorite color. I hate orange-red, orange clothing, orange eyeshadow, etcetcetc. It's just not my color. So why am I typing furiously (not that you can see that =0=) in orange? Because the Dove Intense Heat Therapy Spray is in an orange-red bottle. It's not an obnoxious green like the Garnier-Fructis products, but whatever.

This is why I got this bottle:



Dude, this is gross. I am usually an ardent supporter of curly/wavy hair but this isn't good. It's only wavy on the bottom, making my hair poofy on the bottom and you know, if I were to put a rubber tie right where my chin is in my hair, it would be like a little circle of hair. Kinda like a poodle. See the resemblence? It's like a monster coming to eat me! ARGGGG

Okay, so it's not THAT bad. I'm sure that there are worse out there. But it's enough to make me cringe after I wash my hair and let it air dry. It gets worse after I blow dry it.
I bought this for 4.49 at Stop and Shop. It wasn't avalible at my local CVS.
Claims: For hair that is exposed to frequent heat styling damage.
Solution:Heat Defense Therapy System
Lightweight Heat Activated Mist helps defend the internal structure of your hair from the damaging effects of blow dryers, flat irons & curling irons.
Leaves hair feeling conditioned, soft and shiny.
Beautiful hair begins with protection & repair everyday.

Ingredients:Water (Aqua), VP/VA Copolymer, Dimethiconol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 6, Glycerin, Dimethiconol/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Laureth 23, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Ammonium Carbonate, Adipic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylisothiazolinone

What I say: Meh, I'm really cautious when products like shampoo or conditioner say that it delievers SHINEE. Because usually I don't see it. I like this ENOUGH. It doesn't make my hair SUPERSUPER soft, but the ends are softer than if I were to just straighten normally w/o anything. I like this enough. Plus, it keeps the frizzies and fly aways to a minimum. If I were to iron normally, my hair would have a huge mess of fly aways and be a bit frizzy and dry looking. I would normally use my Garnier smoothing milk to calm that down. Now, I don't feel like I need it (assuming minimal humidity outside ladies).

I'm not ready to prounounce this HG. I don't like to call anything HG unless I've tried a lot of it's brothers/sisters/cousins. Aka, I haven't tried enough heat defense things. My scientific side of my brain always makes me want to try new things just because it could be better. I don't know. Haha.

No more hair monster! Toodles<3

No comments: