Saturday, June 20, 2009

New show: I hate shows with stupid names

Hello ladies! I'd like to give a shoutout to Pink Sith for her rant against Target and thier clothing color names. Who the hell names a plus sized clothing color manatee grey?

Anyway, I'm just updating on my day before lunch. So yesterday night, my sister and I were watching some TV and this ad for a new show came up. They're like:
"The average sized woman is between sizes 10-12 (something like that). The average reality show woman is a size 2. How is that reality?"

Then they go on to describe this show that is kind of like a spinoff the Bachelor the Bachelorette or something like that. It's about this guy who wants to get a wife on reality TV. All the women on the show are plus sized I think. Okay, whatever.

Side note: HOW DO YOU GET A SPOUSE ON REALITY TV?! That is beyond insane. I mean, do you think that people are going to be really honest about themselves on national TV? When thousands of people are going to be watching and picking them apart? I think that this is ridiculous. I don't know.

Back to my topic. The show is called "More to Love". More. To. Love. My sister and I were shocked. At first glance it's like.... omg, did they just diss these women? I mean think about it. We thought that they were saying there's more of a actual PERSON to love. You know? That's horrible! A subtle diss against those who aren't a size 2!

After thinking about it for a while, I was like OH. They mean there's more of a person than outer appearance.

DUHHHHHH. Well, at any point, those producers really screwed up the name. WHAT were they THINKING?!

Thoughts anyone?
Toodles<3

No comments: